Photo textures mis-matched when export to web scene

11-08-2012 12:26 PM
ScottFujikawa
New Contributor III
Hi,
I created a project with a mix of gray multipatch and photo-textured .kmz buildings that were imported into CE. When copying the .kmz buildings into the asset folder, I was careful to enclosed each one in it's own folder so that the textures would be unique to each each building. (because they have file names that repeat for building) The buildings project correctly in CE, with all their textures properly mapped, however when I export the models to the CityEngine Web Scene, the textures get all confused. How may I correct this?

Also, another question regarding the importing of KMZ files (or textured .dae) into CE. Is there a method to add object attributes such as name, height, sq area, etc to these imported models?

Thanks for your assistance.
Scott
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ScottFujikawa
New Contributor III
Regarding the second question about adding attributes to imported .kmz/.dae models, I found that if you right click in the "Object Attributes" window, you can delete and create attributes and even add hyper links to the object.
(I know, it probably says so in one of those tutorials) 😄
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Hi !

Sorry for the late reply .. I'm in holiday .. 🙂

Try to export just 1 or 2 buildings first of which you know that they don't share textures with the same name. Then try specifically for 2 buildings which share at least one with the same name, then watch what happens in the WebGL scene.

If you can reproduce the issue, can you provide us with those files ?

Let me know ..

Matt
0 Kudos
MohammedAouad
New Contributor
hello ,

actually i am facing the same problem , i have just one building which it has a texture and i import it to CE and when i exported to Web Scene , the texture lost , any one know whats the problem or what we miss ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Hi Mohammed ..

Is it possible that you share your scene with me ? Or the model ? I'd like to test this here...

Let me know .. Maybe PM me the data ..

Matt
0 Kudos