.obj Display Issue

12-04-2011 06:26 PM
DanSmith3
New Contributor II
Hi All,

I am still waiting to upgrade to 2011 (In talks with ESRI, shouldn't be to long) so I have been using the 2011 trial in the interim. I have come across a potential display bug. With the CGA rule I am inserting an obj based on the model itemised in the object's attributes, the textures are then applied as well - every obj and texture is stored in the asset directory of the project.

As you can see from the attached image; City Engine shapes are being displayed correctly whereas the imported objs are only being rendered as wire frame. And suggestions on how to remedy this issue?

Running Windows 7, Nvidia Quadro FX 7800

NOTE - In  CE 2010.3 I have not encountered this issue. Also, all of the obj's normals are facing outwards

Cheers,

Dan.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
KathrinSchulte-Braucks
New Contributor III
I have got a similar issue.

I'm new to City Engine and just working through the tutorials.

When I started practizing a few hours ago, everything worked fine, but now, the models won't display correctly any more. Only wire frames, no textures or shades. Additionally, there are black polygons flashing on the screen, thus making it very hard to continue working. These graphic issues are only present in City Engine, in no other application I use, so I do not think that there is sth wrong with my PC or graphics card.

I've got 8 GB of RAM, Win 7 64bit and a HD 4890 graphics card.

Restarting, reloading or just regenerating the scenes or buildings do not help.

Thank you for any suggestions!
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi Kathrin !

first thing I recommend is to upgrade the graphics driver to the latest version. This usually solves a lot of issues.

http://support.amd.com/US/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

if this does not help, please create a screenshot of the CE where I can see also the opended display settings menu (little cogwheel menu) on the top right corner of the viewport.

lemme know ..
0 Kudos