Select to view content in your preferred language

Need help Texturizer from ortho imagery to Polygone

08-08-2024 11:18 PM
AftabNasir1
Emerging Contributor

Hello,I was wondering if I could get some help. actually i want to texture to polygon from ortho imagery, raw data, or true ortho imagery with resolution 10 cm.  

5 Replies
AftabNasir1
Emerging Contributor

@demeinpre  Thanks for your response but blender is different than my scope of work. actually we are capturing Photogrammetry Data from High resolution Imagery 10 cm resolution. so LOD3 vector i have. its complete 3D Data in vector form. which i imported in CityEngine as a shapefile. Now i want to texture this 3D data with exactly available ortho, raw, true ortho aerial imagery. 

0 Kudos
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

Hi @AftabNasir1,

You could try to project your areal imagery onto your shapes using CGA. There is an example in the CGA reference for the setupProjection operation see under "Global texture projection":

The code snippet is assuming 2d shapes as input which then will be extruded, but it should work for 3d flat roof input as well if you remove the extrude(buildingheight) operation.

Also: Is you photogrammetry mesh not already textured? Then there might be better options instead of shapefile to import it into CityEngine

Cheers,
Jonas

AftabNasir1
Emerging Contributor

@JonasObertuefer Thank you for your add up, actually i want to elaborate more for better understanding, this data is captured by Summit Evolution , its in multipolygon format, in ArcPro you can seen this vector 3d data with absolute height, what actually i need, for example i am adding a short video for it. please see if it will more helpful to understand

0 Kudos
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

@AftabNasir1just to understand, the video is what you want as an end result or what you currently have in ArcGIS Pro? In the video it looks like there is just one big mesh. In CityEngine you can't do much with such data, ideally you have all the buildings separated as single objects then you can add terrain/orthophoto to your scene and align the buildings.

But its really hard to give guidance from just this video.

0 Kudos
AftabNasir1
Emerging Contributor

this video what i want as an end result. no its not mesh actually. i dont know what kind of software they used to show this model but i am sure and i have news they used vector 3d data and texture from same ortho, true ortho imagery

0 Kudos