Modifying CityEngine Rules

07-12-2017 04:15 PM
AfafAbbas1
New Contributor

Hi, I am using CE to subdivide and create 3D modeling for a new development area. I’m having issues when applying CE example rules i.e. “international City1-5” the results look funny. Attached image shows;

• The building model get chopped at the boundary (lower left of the image)
  • The rules create more than one residential building in the same parcel (upper right of the image). My aim is to put one building in each parcel without creating building footprint.

I tried to modify existing/example rule but I must have done something wrong and it didn’t work. Dose someone with a good experience with CE rules can help please?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

For the first problem, I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to.  Could you please circle it in the image?  Would you be able to post the scene and code?

For the second problem, yes, it is possible to create a single residential building on a parcel.  In the International City rule, I think there is a rule called ResidentialBlockStripeSubdivide.  This rule recursively subdivides a shape into many residential lots.  You can skip this subdivision by calling ResidentialLot instead of it.

0 Kudos