Limitations To Bottom Face of a Component Split?

12-29-2015 06:18 AM
DanielInterrante
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm attempting to build a parking garage rule that counts actual parking spaces created (so if you know of a rule that does this better than what I'm attempting please let me know  ).  I've come across two rules 1)Parking_Garage.cga (by Blake Harcourt) ("Garage"), which generates multiple stories with appropriate concrete facades, but is lacking the parking space generation I'm looking for.  I'm attempting to combine this with Parking_Lot.cga (by geof7015)("Lot"), by copying all the attributes and rules into "Garage" which does a comp (f) for every story and sending the bottom face to what was the start rule for "Lot" and continuing through its process unchanged.  The results range from every story having a blank white bottom face, to stretched linear splits that are supposed to be the parking spaces, streets, and medians, but all the wrong shapes (turns out its blank when the spaces are rotated 0, 90, 180, ect, but it attempts to actually make the splits when set to a rotation degree between).  Does anyone know if splits act differently if the shape in question has been split earlier?  It doesn't make sense to my limited programming knowledge.

Here's the "Lot" rule in action:

Here's the "Garage" Rule:

And here's them combined:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The bottom face resulting from comp(f) {bottom: someRule} will have its normal facing down. Try using reverseNormals operation on the bottom face before proceeding with application of parking lot by Geoff.

0 Kudos
DanielInterrante
New Contributor II

Thanks Chris,

It turns out I was also forgetting to align scope to geometry, which I think is why everything was stretching out.  But yes it was fairly entertaining generating "bat cars" hanging from the ceiling before I reversed the normals. 

0 Kudos