Level of Detail (LOD)

Jump to solution
08-02-2012 02:37 PM
JoanneO_Brien
Occasional Contributor
Hi

I was wondering if there was a tutorial or something on how to assign different LOD's?
I'm trying to create a rule file where I have a whole lot of buildings in different zones, and I want two level's of detail, one to have the textures of the buildings and the second to have the building colour based on zone. I can create rule files which do one or the other but haven't mastered how to write in different LOD's so that I can just switch between them. Any help?

Thanks!

Joanne
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hey !

that is really easy.

just create an attr for this.

for example :
attr HighLOD = true

then, at the best position in your code, add a case statement :

e.g.

Facade -->     case HighLOD : # in case it's set to true         ColorRule.     else :         TexturingRule.

like this, you can distinguish the two states and either go for texturing or coloring, or add more details, ..

make sense ?

m.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hey !

that is really easy.

just create an attr for this.

for example :
attr HighLOD = true

then, at the best position in your code, add a case statement :

e.g.

Facade -->     case HighLOD : # in case it's set to true         ColorRule.     else :         TexturingRule.

like this, you can distinguish the two states and either go for texturing or coloring, or add more details, ..

make sense ?

m.
0 Kudos
JoanneO_Brien
Occasional Contributor
Sweet, that works well for setting up the LOD rules, I'm just wondering though why my roof or wall colours arn't projecting when I want them to, instead I just get the grey background colour. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I'm using a comp.index to colour the buildings based on different zones in the attributes?
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hmm.

difficult to say without code.

but you'd have to adapt the code of course when using indices for the distinction.

if you could post a breakdown of the code, I may better help you. let me know ..
0 Kudos
JoanneO_Brien
Occasional Contributor
Hi

I did manage to get the LOD colours working, was just some silly fault with my coding! Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos