Learning to write CGA  codes

12-04-2012 04:49 PM
maryadel
New Contributor
Hi every one,

I'm going to learn about CGA writhing codes. Could some one tell me how can I start it?
Are there any specific books or tutorials to do so.

That would be my appreciate if you could show me the right way of learning this interesting application.

Kind Regards

Mary
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi Mary !

I'd start watching the tutorial videos you find here :
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/64843-CityEngine-Collection-RESOURCES-FAQ-HELP

Then play with the tutorial files which ship with CityEngine.

Here on the Forum, many things have already been discussed, so searching a little here and there will most probably help you a lot further.

Let me know how it goes and if you have questions.

Matt
0 Kudos
maryadel
New Contributor
Dear Matthias

Thank you very much for your prompt and useful answer.
I've already watched some of these videos and downloaded all tutorial data and tried to work with them!
But the problem is about writhing of CGA codes based on our desire!
It's quite difficult to find some specific operations or functions among these videos! We can find them if they exist in tutorials but what about the other codes and the way of use them?
So I decided to start learning of these programming fundamentally! that's why I asked about some tutorials or books to achieve this purpose.

Anyway, that would be my appreciate if you guide me about fundamentally learning.

Kind Regards,

Mary

Hi Mary !

I'd start watching the tutorial videos you find here :
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/64843-CityEngine-Collection-RESOURCES-FAQ-HELP

Then play with the tutorial files which ship with CityEngine.

Here on the Forum, many things have already been discussed, so searching a little here and there will most probably help you a lot further.

Let me know how it goes and if you have questions.

Matt
0 Kudos
maryadel
New Contributor
Hello again Matthias,

Actually, I'm trying to writing a rule which is contains of unique texture for each floor!
Could you please tell me how can I define specific texture for each floor in multi floor building?
Even it will be ok if each floor get the different color, please also explain about this one.

Look forward to your wise advices
Thank you for your time and consideration

Kind Regards

Mary

Dear Matthias

Thank you very much for your prompt and useful answer.
I've already watched some of these videos and downloaded all tutorial data and tried to work with them!
But the problem is about writhing of CGA codes based on our desire!
It's quite difficult to find some specific operations or functions among these videos! We can find them if they exist in tutorials but what about the other codes and the way of use them?
So I decided to start learning of these programming fundamentally! that's why I asked about some tutorials or books to achieve this purpose.

Anyway, that would be my appreciate if you guide me about fundamentally learning.

Kind Regards,

Mary
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

It'd be best if you show me a little screenshot or picture so I can code it down in an easy way so you understand it.

Matt
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos