Import Obj models problem pos center

02-07-2013 06:23 AM
amamalalalalal
New Contributor
Hi,

I want to import obj models, the problem is that i need to activate pos center of the object at "on" in order to see the model.
Furthermore i can't export the obj model to a web scene without crash, when it works i have a model with very low textures and i must zoom on the object (finding it with a search and then zoom on it). I meet many difficulties with the manage of 3d models.

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi !

what assets are you using ? how many polygons ?

make sure when you model / preprocess them that they're centered at the cartesian origin ( the asset's own vertex coords ).

let me know .. maybe add a few screenshots so I can see what the issues are.

matt
0 Kudos
amamalalalalal
New Contributor
My assets is coming from sketchup , and contains 70 000 faces. I have checked the position in sketchup and the model is located at 2000m from the origin,maybe that's the reason why i must check pos_center?

Next, What are the limit and advices to create a scene web?
In a project city engine cej, what are the limit in terms of polygon and textures. what kind of model works better ( collada, obj, gdb)?
I want to import 3d model from photogrammetry, is it possible or must i cut my model in area 500*500m?
Finally is there a way to manage models .citygml?
Sorry if i have many questions.
Thanks a lot for your help.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

Yep, the 2000 meters is the issue. You can also fix this in Sketchup.

Read some more here on WebGL scenes :
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/77209-CE-WebGL-limits

.citygml is not supported.

The overall size limit is as mentioned in other threads here mostly limited by the download speed by the user who views the file online. you don't want to download a 200 MB scene ..

WebGL scenes should be COMPACT size-wise. Otherwise, there's no limitations.

m.
0 Kudos
amamalalalalal
New Contributor
Thanks for the answer, it seems to be difficult to diffuse scene web or maybe small scenes.
0 Kudos