How to cut perpendicular to the edge?

Jump to solution
04-27-2019 06:15 AM
MikeJane
New Contributor III

Hi, I couldn't do this like attached example.

I want to be able to make the cut perpendicular to each side. But when I change the scope according to the edge, it only split selected edge direction. I want to make multiple direction cuts at the same time. How can I do it ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler3
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

use alignScopeToGeometry() with the according edge index.

e.g.

alignScopeToGeometry(yUp, 0, i)

0 indicates the first polygon of the shape. Typically, a shape only has one polygon, but also can have multiple ...

i indicates the edge of interest.

After this, scope x is oriented along the edge, therefore splitting in z will be perpendicular (assuming you work with flat shapes).

Cheers,

matt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
matthias buehler || ceo & co-founder || msc. arch. eth zurich
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vrbn AG – official esri partner 
|| www.vrbn.io || winterthurerstrasse 53 || 8610 uster || switzerland
+41 78 930 04 07 || matthias.buehler@vrbn.io || @vrbnio @mattb3d

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MatthiasBuehler3
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

use alignScopeToGeometry() with the according edge index.

e.g.

alignScopeToGeometry(yUp, 0, i)

0 indicates the first polygon of the shape. Typically, a shape only has one polygon, but also can have multiple ...

i indicates the edge of interest.

After this, scope x is oriented along the edge, therefore splitting in z will be perpendicular (assuming you work with flat shapes).

Cheers,

matt

matthias buehler || ceo & co-founder || msc. arch. eth zurich

vrbn AG – official esri partner 
|| www.vrbn.io || winterthurerstrasse 53 || 8610 uster || switzerland
+41 78 930 04 07 || matthias.buehler@vrbn.io || @vrbnio @mattb3d