How to change the default connection_end attribute?

Jump to solution
03-30-2015 02:41 AM
ErwinVervacke
New Contributor III

I'm using SHP and OSM data for a city but all 'dead end' streets get a roundabout at the end.  Because of the size of the map I want to avoid/change this automatically and have the streets end in a 'blunt' way: continue to the end and be capped with a sidewalk.

I noticed some posts and articles in the 'help system' but cannot find how to do this in CE 2014.1 (Trial).

How can I achieve this?

Thanks, Erwin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Erwin,

Do try the following steps for quicker selection.

1. After you import the street ( or re - import if necessary ) directly select any one of the roundabout.

2. the right click on the selected roundabout and go to the option Select > Select Objects with the same Start Rule.

This should select all the roundabouts at once and then you can change the parameters easily.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Erwin

Try this,

click select any Roundabout, and change its parameters on the Intersection Parameters Tab found in the Node Section.

Changing to freeway will cut off the roundabout completely.

You can also change some other parameters within the Roundabout type itself to make it look blunt.

hope it helps.

0 Kudos
ErwinVervacke
New Contributor III

Hello Jawadh,

thanks for the input, it seems to help a little but I would still have to click-select every node this happens to.  Is there a way to change the behavior of the import or of the street shape generation automatically?

Below screenshot shows 3 instances I created manually:

Left: default type value is 'smart'

Middle:  type = 'roundabout' attributes changed: all numeric values are '0', corner style is 'straight'

Right: type = 'crossing' (could also be freeway etc ... with same result)

When I import this for my test case I need to tweak about 60 instances.  Later on in production we would build the whole country which explodes the amount of tweaking ... hence my inquiry for an automated value during import 🙂

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 13.24.19 .png

0 Kudos
JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Erwin,

Do try the following steps for quicker selection.

1. After you import the street ( or re - import if necessary ) directly select any one of the roundabout.

2. the right click on the selected roundabout and go to the option Select > Select Objects with the same Start Rule.

This should select all the roundabouts at once and then you can change the parameters easily.

Hope it helps

0 Kudos
ErwinVervacke
New Contributor III

Thanks!!!!  It works for now.

Any idea how I could alter the script/rules that are called during import?  Where would that cga file be located?

JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Erwin,

Your CGA files would be located in "ProjectName* / rules" folder

You can update the CGA files from there by selecting them.

You can also update any objects found in the scene with the common CGA file by clicking on the them and selecting the "select object by the same rule file" and generating them.

Hope it helps,

0 Kudos