How can I manually 'split' my block?

Jump to solution
04-10-2015 07:53 AM
ErwinVervacke
New Contributor III

I have played with the splitting of blocks into lots but I want a cartoony visualization for my project:

- I do not care about cadastre information: all buildup areas get the same material.

- I want to have separate lots to represent forests, parks and agricultural areas which are part of the same block (screenshot)

The final model will be loaded in separate layers into Unity.

- road + terrain layer

- building layer

- train track layer

Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 16.49.21 .png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Make a closed loop of streets, then select the block shape that is created- it is best to turn off the model and shape layers for this - and in the inspector, click the Block tab in the Inspector. Make sure shape creation is set to "true". Make the subdivision type be "No Subdivision". Then select the single block shape (will show blue highlight), then right-click the shape and choose "Convert to Static Shape". Then use the modeling tools to manually create new faces in the block shape. Then select all of the manually split shapes, right-click them and choose "Separate Faces". Then you can run rules on those shapes. See images below. Also there is a train model, and a railway rule in Example Redlands .

-Chris

Erwin1.JPG

Erwin2.jpg

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Make a closed loop of streets, then select the block shape that is created- it is best to turn off the model and shape layers for this - and in the inspector, click the Block tab in the Inspector. Make sure shape creation is set to "true". Make the subdivision type be "No Subdivision". Then select the single block shape (will show blue highlight), then right-click the shape and choose "Convert to Static Shape". Then use the modeling tools to manually create new faces in the block shape. Then select all of the manually split shapes, right-click them and choose "Separate Faces". Then you can run rules on those shapes. See images below. Also there is a train model, and a railway rule in Example Redlands .

-Chris

Erwin1.JPG

Erwin2.jpg