How can I add a parking lot?

04-14-2020 10:25 AM
MattFroonjian
New Contributor

Hello.

I'm trying to create a parking lot on the side of my building. However when I try to move the building or cut out part of the shape, CityEngine moves that part of the building forward. How to I simply make the wing smaller so the parking lot can fit. Also, are there any good parking lot rules?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Javier_JovannyLeija
New Contributor II

I also have this question. I've downloaded the new webstyles and have checked online for parking lot rules. Even tried using street rules to see if it would generate a parking lot and to no avail.

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

To do this in CGA, assuming you're starting with the building footprint, you can use the split operation to cut your building footprint in one direction and then cut the piece again in a second direction to get your parking lot.

Then, to generate a parking lot, you could use split again to first cut out rows for parking and then divide each row into parking spaces.  See also (another post):

https://community.esri.com/message/908182-re-parking-lot?commentID=908182#comment-908291 

Javier_JovannyLeija
New Contributor II

Thank you for the suggestions. With the available rules and suggestions, do you think I would be able to recreate this lot? 

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes.  Start with the initial shape of the parking lot.  Do an offset to make an area for driving along the borders of the parking lot.  On the inside part, split into 12 double rows of parking, then split each double row into single rows that face each other, and then split each row into parking spaces.  You could also make some the green space at the end of two of the rows by splitting out a section at the end of the two double rows.  There are even car assets in /ESRI.lib/assets/Webstyles/Transportation (go to File -> Manage ESRI.lib to download these).  Insert assets with i().

0 Kudos