Floors with unique base levels

Jump to solution
09-26-2014 12:41 AM
johne
by
New Contributor III

I have feature classes of a building floors each with a base level value as an attribute and floor number in order to model each floor differently. After import to city engine they are all stacked on top of each other so i do a tedious job of identifying each floor and using the move tool to lift it up from the others and get a realistic base. what in would like to know is if there is a way i can make the floors get the Z value and be imported in city engine with their bases separated depending on the base level value.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenLeslie1
Occasional Contributor III

Here's CE help

Help -

The relevant section is CGA Shape Grammar Reference --> Shape Operations

basically, assuming you have an attribute in your shapefile for Z_Value you'll need to define it in the rule file then you can use it with the translate function:

attr Z_Value = 0

Lot-->

t(0, 0, Z_Value)

(I think it depends on how you have your workspace set up as to whether CE uses y or z as up.... I can never remember)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenLeslie1

Maybe I misunderstand the problem....

why not write it into a rule file using the t() operation to translate your floor vertically by the z value?

0 Kudos
johne
by
New Contributor III

Hi Ben

I have never used the t() function. Could you  please maybe give me a link on how it works? I will highly appreciate

0 Kudos
BenLeslie1

Here's CE help

Help -

The relevant section is CGA Shape Grammar Reference --> Shape Operations

basically, assuming you have an attribute in your shapefile for Z_Value you'll need to define it in the rule file then you can use it with the translate function:

attr Z_Value = 0

Lot-->

t(0, 0, Z_Value)

(I think it depends on how you have your workspace set up as to whether CE uses y or z as up.... I can never remember)

0 Kudos
johne
by
New Contributor III

Thank you very much Ben.

I really appreciate because it has given me quite some issiues

0 Kudos