Exporting CityEngine Terrains to LumenRT

08-17-2015 05:25 AM
aTomasaLooström
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to export terrains from CE to LumenRT using the Heightmap-based terrain export:

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/wiki/LumenRT/index.php/Documentation/Export_Plugins/Esri_CityEngine_Plug...

in order to be able to sculptable the terrian. What value should I set the Elevation to?

When I export it and it opens in LumenRT all my buildings are float above the ground, the do not float when I export using the "old" way.

Do somebody know how to do it?

/Tomas

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MicahTaylor
Occasional Contributor III

Have you tried to align the proxy shape to terrain using CE "align shapes to terrain"?  This might give it the correct elevation value....or try converting the buildings elevations to feet instead of meters...It will not look correct in CE, but It may export them into LumenRT correctly.

Good luck! ,and let me know hoe it goes.  I have been using the Studio edition and do not have the GeoDesign edition to test it myself.

0 Kudos
aTomasaLooström
New Contributor

Hi,

All the shapes are align to the terrain. It seems to have to do with the new way of exporting from CE that gives You the possibility to paint and model the terrain from CE in Lumen. If I export the "normal way" the buildings are align to the terrain but I can't paint or model the terrain in Lumen.

0 Kudos