Esri CityEngine 2012.1 Software Authorization Patch available

12-03-2012 02:22 AM
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Dear all,

The Esri CityEngine 2012.1 Software Authorization Patch is now live on the support site. The page URL is:

http://support.esri.com/en/downloads/patches-servicepacks/view/productid/186/metaid/1929

Basic Info:

Summary:

This patch addresses a software authorization problem for Esri CityEngine 2012.1 when ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 (any Service Pack level) is also installed on the same machine. Users should install this patch to allow the authorization of Esri CityEngine 2012.1 in this particular scenario.

Introduction

Esri® announces the Esri CityEngine 2012.1 Software Authorization Patch. This patch addresses a software authorization problem for CityEngine 2012.1 when ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 (any Service Pack level) is also installed on the same machine. Users should install this patch to allow the authorization of CityEngine 2012.1 in this particular scenario.
0 Kudos
15 Replies
sm3
by
New Contributor
Good Afternoon All,

Software installed, patch installeed
I was able to successfully activate the license. However, when I launch the applicaiton it just sits there and hangs, please provide any feedback on what I need to do to get this running.

Win 7  64bit
ArchCatalog 9-3-1
ArchCatalog 10

Thanks

Sunny

I was able to get at temporary fix

If you don�??t want to wait for it to connect to ArcGIS Online, here is the workaround:

In the CE installation directory, where the .exe is, open the file called CityEngine.ini in a text editor, add a new line and write : -Dagol

Save the file, restart CE

Please keep in mind that this workaround will not allow you to connect to ArcGIS Online to create web scenes.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Yep, that is the correct answer. 🙂
0 Kudos
OliverLock
New Contributor
Hi there,

I am having this issue with my Linux Installation using a purchased license of CityEngine. It says it is successfully authorised in the License Manager however comes up with authorisation error upon opening the program.

Could you please direct me as to how I can apply the patch to Linux? I found a Linux fix was documented on the patch website but no links available to download it.

Cheers,

O
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

Please write to support@esri.com

ok ?

matt
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
With ESRI Technical Support I needed to install this authorization patch when installing City Engine Basic Single Use on a Win7 64-bit OS where ArcGIS v10.2 Concurrent Use license was also being used.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi...

Can you rephrase your message ? I believe I did not understand what you mean ..

Please let me know .. Thanks !

matt
0 Kudos