Comp split problem

Jump to solution
05-21-2014 06:10 AM
vassokosti
New Contributor
Hello,

I am facing a problem with splitting my building in different faces for every side.
As my building has not a square shape, the result using comp(f): {front... left....back...right) rule is resulting wrong because I want to set different textures in each side. (Neither all left sides are not the same nor back sides and for example the front facade is repeated 3 times instead of 1 )

I have attached a picture of my building in order to make clearer what I want to achieve.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Volume -->     comp(f) { top: Roof | bottom: NIL | all = FacadeShape } # Note that all faces are pumped into 1 shape with the '=' !  FacadeShape -->     comp(f) {all : SingleFacade}  SingleFacade -->     print(comp.index)

Does that help ?

m.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: amiri1988

hello
i wish my suggestion will help you, i'm not an expert with city engine.
try this comp(f) {world.south, world.north, world.west, world.east}
0 Kudos
vassokosti
New Contributor
hello
i wish my suggestion will help you, i'm not an expert with city engine.
try this comp(f) {world.south, world.north, world.west, world.east}

Unfortunately this results in the same with what I have already tried.

My problem is that the facade for example that faces in north has different textures and I don't want my rule to read it as one face because the result is wrong.
:confused:
0 Kudos
vassokosti
New Contributor
As this thread says, I cannot find the index of each face because I cannot select its face separately, but all the building only.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/109627-Assign-different-rules-to-each-fa%C3%A7ade-element-created-w...

??:confused:
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Volume -->     comp(f) { top: Roof | bottom: NIL | all = FacadeShape } # Note that all faces are pumped into 1 shape with the '=' !  FacadeShape -->     comp(f) {all : SingleFacade}  SingleFacade -->     print(comp.index)

Does that help ?

m.
0 Kudos
vassokosti
New Contributor
Thank you very much for your help!!!
0 Kudos