Color/texture for grid in scene

Jump to solution
10-14-2015 11:52 AM
TessOldemeyer
Occasional Contributor

This seems simple, but I cannot figure out how to change the grid color/texture as in the Desert City example web scene (http://www.arcgis.com/apps/CEWebViewer/viewer.html?3dWebScene=d80ef4549f9a4ce4a4a4ab6a9a847035 ). What steps do I need to take to apply a texture to the grid in my scene (assuming this is what was done in the Desert City example...)?

Thanks in advance,

Tess

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MicahTaylor
Occasional Contributor III

Ok I see what you mean.  I thought you were referring to the terrain of the scene, but you mean the bottom portion of the panorama where a grid would normally be in the software. correct?

I think you can create your own panorama pictures to use.  Just click the panorama button ..

..and then Browse your workspace for whatever picture you want to use for an Environment Map .  The bottom portion of the picture would be what appears to be the texture of the "Grid" area. (see pic below)

So you could change the bottom half in photoshop or powerpoint and then use that NEW image as your Env. Map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MicahTaylor

I am not 100% sure, but I think that is just imagery on a DEM ("Terrain") that was exported with the other 3D elements.

0 Kudos
TessOldemeyer
Occasional Contributor

Hmm it doesn't look like the extent is limited as I would suspect from a imagery/DEM 'terrain' layer...otherwise I would assume is was a terrain layer. The extent of the texture appears continuous (much like the sky). To me, it seems like maybe a texture has been applied to the base grid or something. Just not sure how this can be done. Thanks for the input.

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

Ok I see what you mean.  I thought you were referring to the terrain of the scene, but you mean the bottom portion of the panorama where a grid would normally be in the software. correct?

I think you can create your own panorama pictures to use.  Just click the panorama button ..

..and then Browse your workspace for whatever picture you want to use for an Environment Map .  The bottom portion of the picture would be what appears to be the texture of the "Grid" area. (see pic below)

So you could change the bottom half in photoshop or powerpoint and then use that NEW image as your Env. Map.

0 Kudos
TessOldemeyer
Occasional Contributor

Oh okay. That makes sense. I will give it a go. Thank you very much for your help!

Tess

0 Kudos