CityEngine Crashes when attempting to run City Wizard

08-04-2015 04:23 PM
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

I am brand new to this, so sorry if this is a silly question.  When I start CityEngine, I go through the wizard and set the setting per the virtual training class (http://training.esri.com/Courses/CEStart/player.cfm ).  Once I walk through the wizard it starts to create the city (right after clicking "Finish" on the Rules page, it bows up and vaporieze.  Andy ideas.  It does kick out these nice log files.  See attached.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Frank,

I have forwarded your error log to the gods of error-log-knowledge, and either I will get back to you, or they might do so.

Chris

0 Kudos
FrankRoberts

Thank you, I have installed the software on three machines.  The one above was my Dell Laptop.  I also installed it on my HP Laptop and had the same sort of issue.  I then installed it on a windows 7 desktop I have and it did work.  Not sure the difference, but the desktop isn't really any thing special.  Just a windows 7 pro OS, but that is also what my Dell has on it.  Same CPU and RAM spec on both machines.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you look at the Graphics card on these? CityEngine requires a higher-powered NVIDIA card.

0 Kudos
FrankRoberts

My Dell Laptop has the following under display adapters: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

My HP Laptop has: Intel(R) Graphics

The desktop has a: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Given the above the crash must be caused by the lack of NVIDIA Graphics card?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Frank, yes that would be it. CityEngine is very GPU hungry. There are more specific hardware requirements on this page:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/system-requirements/10.2/#/CityEngine_2014/01510000009t000000/

(click CityEngine in list of contents on left side of screen)

Chris

0 Kudos