City Engine 2016 wont connect to internet through proxy

05-19-2017 11:18 AM
AndrewNichols1
New Contributor II

Good Afternoon

I recently installed City Engine 2016 on my computer. I was successfully able to install, and authorize the application but each time I launch it, the opening Wizard (on Example Projects) tells me that “CityEngine was unable to connect to the Web. This error happens if you are not connected to the internet or access the web through a proxy server.”

When I open Edit->Preferences->Network->HTTP Proxy the field for Proxy Script (PAC) was already filled out with a default URL.  I contact my IT department who provided me with another URL, this time for the Proxy Host with a port number 8080. When I apply these changes and restart the application there is no change, I still get the message that “CityEngine was unable to connect to the Web. This error happens if you are not connected to the internet or access the web through a proxy server.”

When I changed the settings I remove the default URL of but when I reopen the CE application this URL has reappeared in the Proxy Script field.

Both of the URL’s my IT department provided have been verified to work.

I would really appreciate any advice you can provide on how I can resolve this issue. I would be happy to provide any more information if required.

Andrew Nichols

GIS Technologist

Geomatics/Mapping Division

City of Peterborough

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AndrewNichols1
New Contributor II

Is there any reason why you cant upgrade to CE 2019?

0 Kudos
Jean-DanielCIESLAK
New Contributor II

Hi,

Good question ! In My Esri / My Organization / Licences section, I have only CityEngine Advanced 2018.1 and CityEngine 2019.1

I tried with Advanced 2018.1 ...

I'm going to try with 2019.1, I'll be back with the results.

0 Kudos
Jean-DanielCIESLAK
New Contributor II

I have another problem with 2019.1

After authentification, in the logs :

"Trying to execute the disabled command com.esri.agol.commands.signInCommand (NotEnabledException) - [main]"

Exception stack trace :

org.eclipse.core.commands.NotEnabledException: Trying to execute the disabled command com.esri.agol.commands.signInCommand
    at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:490)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:178)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:247)
    at com.esri.agol.ui.ConnectionStatusWindow$4.linkActivated(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleActivate(AbstractHyperlink.java:233)
    at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.handleMouseUp(AbstractHyperlink.java:327)
    at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink.access$2(AbstractHyperlink.java:311)
    at org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.AbstractHyperlink$4.handleEvent(AbstractHyperlink.java:125)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
    at org.corebounce.rcp.CBDisplay.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at com.procedural.cityengine.release.Application.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)

Session data :

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_151
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -data @noDefault

0 Kudos