CGA Set operation on Edge Attributes

Wednesday
DrMichaelMartin
New Contributor

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some help for my rear setbacks. I have a large parcel layer and street network for a city and I've had success creating 3D shapes on them using setback and extrude functions. 

However, my parcels that have multiple rear edges all seem to have a problem, one of the setbacks will be set as 'rear' and the other will be set as 'side'. I've used the Compute xyz tools in multiple ways, but while I can get the two rear edges to flip rear/side designations using the Compute Edge Attributes tool, I can't get it to classify both rear edges as 'rear'. I've read the documentation online for the tool but no amount of adjusting the values seems to make the two rear edges both be 'rear'.

My next thought was to set the rear edges using CGA. I have a rule that can pick out the edges:

(edgeAttr.getString("orientations")

But I can't figure out now to use Set 

setEdgeAttribute(edge, attribute) -->
    set(edge.edgeAttr.getString("orientations"),attribute) 

I'm hoping that if I can set the edge attribute then I can apply other logical steps (angle/distance from front) to come up with my own way of computing the edge orientation values. 

Thank you kindly for any help you might have to get these rear setback figured out!

- Michael 

0 Kudos
0 Replies