CGA Editor Bookmarks

12-16-2017 07:09 PM
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

The features of the CGA Editor seemed to be left out of the documentation. I managed to find that I can place bookmarks in my CGA which is very helpful when coding a large rule, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to jump between them. There is also a way to add tasks which is nice, but again, no documentation.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LR
by

I just add comments and jump to them with CTRL+F 

DevinLavigne

I suppose that is the best option. Thank you sir.

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Devin

Adding bookmarks is an undocumented annotation feature of the CityEngine Editor. It is provided "out of the box" by the underlying framework CityEngine is based on.

You can add/remove a bookmark by clicking with the right mouse button at the vertical ruler (left side).

There is no bookmark overview window. The only way to jump between the bookmarks available is to use the overview ruler on the right side of the editor. There Bookmark positions are highlighted in green and the name is shown as a overlay.

DevinLavigne

Thanks Thomas. I figured as much. My issue is (first world problem....) I work on a 4K monitor with an ultra high resolution and clicking on the tiny colored bars in the Vertical Ruler requires total mastery and precision of the mouse.  Perhaps a new feature request?

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Devin for the feedback!

For CityEngine 2017 the team did focus on support for hiDPI screens.
The editor markers still need to be adjusted. I've filed a feature request.