Apply Styles within CGA

01-23-2015 11:10 PM
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

I'm wondering if there is a way to apply a pre-defined style within a CGA rule - from within that rule or when imported. For example, I have a CGA rule file that builds buildings from footprints - and there are a number of pre-defined styles - ApartmentBuilding, MixedUse, Office....

I'm now writing another rule that will be applied to a parcel. I'm writing some zoning to go with it - like setbacks etc... as well as some code to generate parking lots. The remaining area would be the footprint. I know I can reference the imported rule to generate the the shape, but I'm wondering if there is a way to specify a style and not just a start rule. I keep thinking I'm missing something really obvious.

Basically what i have is this:

Lot-->

split(z) {Side_Yard:SideYard | ~1:split(x) {Front_Yard:FrontYard | ~1:Middle | Rear_Yard:RearYard} | Side_Yard:SideYard}

Middle-->

BuildingCGA.FootprintStartRule         

and wondering if there is a way to do this:

Lot-->

split(z) {Side_Yard:SideYard | ~1:split(x) {Front_Yard:FrontYard | ~1:Middle | Rear_Yard:RearYard} | Side_Yard:SideYard}

Middle-->

BuildingCGA.FootprintStartRule(somePreDefinedStyle)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DKossowsky
New Contributor

@DevinLavigne did you ever get a solution to this? I'm trying to implement the same thing.

0 Kudos
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

Hi @DKossowsky,

Could an extension rule override solve this for you? There is an basic example at the bottom of the import keyword page in the cga reference.

Best,
Jonas

0 Kudos