Add letters to ESRI.lib/Text.cga

02-22-2015 11:02 AM
aTomasaLooström
New Contributor

Hi,

How to add letters to the ESRI.lib/Text.cga?

I am Swedish and we have three "bonus letters" å, ä ,ö...

I could not see them in the code.

I realy would like to use the code for street namnes!

/Tomas

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
KishorGhatage
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
aTomasaLooström
New Contributor

Hi,

It dosen't help. I need to add tree letters that aren't included (å, ä ö) to the .db and to the texture, I guess...

Is there a way off adding letters to the file in ESRI.lib?

Or is there another way off using text in CityEngine?

/Tomas

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

If you need to add more characters, you need to edit the rule that creates the text.

There are 3 images in the esri lib that are used. Each has 32 characters. You need to redo those images, with your added characters (either replace your character with existing ones or making the list longer than 32).

If you change the amount of characters, you need to adapt the CGA code, basically swapping the float value 32 to what ever you have

Make sure the picture is well formatted, with enough resolution (but not too much either).

Hope this helps.

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

-------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

aTomasaLooström
New Contributor

Hi,

Tank You, it works fine!

/Tomas

>>> Matthias Buehler <geonet@esri.com> 2015-02-23 15:08 >>>

Add letters to ESRI.lib/Text.cga

reply from Matthias Buehler in CityEngine - View the full discussion

Hi,

If you need to add more characters, you need to edit the rule that creates the text.

There are 3 images in the esri lib that are used. Each has 32 characters. You need to redo those images, with your added characters (either replace your character with existing ones or making the list longer than 32).

If you change the amount of characters, you need to adapt the CGA code, basically swapping the float value 32 to what ever you have

Make sure the picture is well formatted, with enough resolution (but not too much either).

Hope this helps.

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

0 Kudos
aTomasaLooström
New Contributor

Hi,

Tanks, it works fine!

/Tomas

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tomas,

If you want to add letters, and must modify CGA to do so, then try the 3D text example here:

CGA Rule: 3D_Text

The rule uses a 3D OBJ model for every character, so it is easier to add letters if you have a standard 3D modeling program (like Maya, 3DS, Rhino), than using the 2D text rule in ESRI.lib. You can make 2D text with this rule also.

Chris