3D web scene - DEM/Imagery spillover

11-19-2015 12:13 PM
AliciaNewberry
New Contributor III

I'm having an issue with the 3D web scene viewer and my DEM/Imagery textures. In the viewer, the imagery texture seems to "spill over" the DEM, causing a weird stretched look below my scene. However, inside CityEngine this is not visible at all, and I've checked that the DEM file and the imagery file have the exact same extent, so I know that isn't the issue. Is this a bug in the viewer? Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I've tried re-clipping my imagery in a variety of ways but I get the same result regardless. I appreciate any help this community can provide!

I've included screenshots to better explain. The first screenshot is what it looks like once published to a 3D web scene in the browser. ImagerySpill.PNG

This is the same model within CityEngine:

ViewInCE.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alicia, I replied to you LinkedIn as well but just in case...  There are a some things it could be but probably it's due to your terrain image not being clipped correctly. I've found the clipping process can leave 1 or 2 pixel width borders (mine tend to be on two edges).

Elliot

http://www.garsdaledesign.co.uk/

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos