Select to view content in your preferred language

Using custom template in ArcGIS Pro 3.0

Jump to solution
09-26-2022 10:42 AM
StaceyStark1
New Contributor II

I have created a custom infographic template in Business Analyst Online.  I am not using any custom data.  I cannot seem to access this template offline in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.  I have connected to the correct local database and it is licensed.  I've downloaded my custom infographics template in a .brpt format, but I do not see how I can use this in Pro. The local templates for infographics in my local data are in a different format. I'd appreciate any help on this! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@StaceyStark1 

I am assuming you do not have Business Analyst Desktop (extension to ArcMap) installed on this machine. Which is okay!

For this to work you will need to follow the "Create the folder structure to use the report template in ArcGIS Pro" section in this technical article. Make sure ArcGIS Pro is not running when going through these steps. At step 8, create a folder "Report Templates_USA_ESRI_2022" as you are using US 2022 as a connected dataset.

In the coming releases of ArcGIS Pro, this process will be more streamlined. Until then you can use the above workaround. 

Let me know if you have additional questions

Zemin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@StaceyStark1 

I am assuming you do not have Business Analyst Desktop (extension to ArcMap) installed on this machine. Which is okay!

For this to work you will need to follow the "Create the folder structure to use the report template in ArcGIS Pro" section in this technical article. Make sure ArcGIS Pro is not running when going through these steps. At step 8, create a folder "Report Templates_USA_ESRI_2022" as you are using US 2022 as a connected dataset.

In the coming releases of ArcGIS Pro, this process will be more streamlined. Until then you can use the above workaround. 

Let me know if you have additional questions

Zemin

StaceyStark1
New Contributor II

Thank you so much, Zemin. I recently upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.0, and that path does not exist in the registry editor. 

Capture2.PNG

I found a folder under my Business Analyst folder for the custom templates, but they are in a different format, and the .bprt is not recognized if I put it here.

Capture.PNG

 I am able to use the business analyst dataset in Pro because I specified it in Options - Business Analyst options (add dataset).  Is there more to the installation of Business Analsyt for Pro?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
StaceyStark1
New Contributor II

I created the key folder structure that didn't exist in the registry editor and did find that this worked. Thank you!

0 Kudos