Create Territory Solution Error

08-10-2023 09:20 AM
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to create a territory design and trying to run the Create Territory Solution tool using a polygon feature class from my SDE database. I run the tool and I end up getting an error saying The field is not nullable. All of the fields allow nulls so I'm not sure why I keep getting this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kwatsonredlands
New Contributor II

Hi @michael_vetter thanks for posting this.

SDE is supported and in theory should work, but there may be nuances causing this to fail and it will be difficult for use to replicate or test your exact scenario.

Can you tell me the version of ArcGIS Pro you are running? I wonder if we fixed some prior issues related to this that are included in a newer release.

Feel free to email me kwatson @ esri.com if you'd like to take this offline, and we can post the results we find.

Note: one possible workaround is to export the data to local fgdb.

0 Kudos
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply! I should clarify a little bit. I exported a polygon feature from my SDE environment to a local fgdb so that I could get the number of points within the polygon. I then used the polygon layer from the local fgdb and that when I received the error message. I'm using version 2.9.5 of Pro.

0 Kudos
kwatsonredlands
New Contributor II

Hi @michael_vetter OK that's good to know. To investigate the problem it would be ideal to have your input data and the steps/parameters you used to reproduce the error. WDYT, are you able to share the data? You don't have to do that in this forum, my contact info is above. We can also route this through our Support services team so that we track this. Either way, we'd like to understand this more so we can assist.

0 Kudos
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

I was able to figure out what was causing the error. The feature class that I was using has a globalID field that doesn't allow for null values. I created a new feature class without the globalID field and imported the data from the original feature class. Then I used the new feature class as the input data to create the territory solution which ran without any errors.

0 Kudos
kwatsonredlands
New Contributor II

Hi again @michael_vetter thanks for the update! Glad to hear this is resolved. I wonder if this is specific to SDE. For example you could try to export the original feature class to FGDB and see if the same file structure works (where null values would still be present). We wouldn't know for certain unless we had a reproducible scenario. But for now, good to know you can move forward. And if you are able to upgrade to the latest 3.2 version later this year, we have some great UX updates to Territory Design.

0 Kudos