Select to view content in your preferred language

7-Zip Errors when Installing 2024 U.S. Data Update

Jump to solution
a week ago
Labels (1)
Cathi_Balch
New Contributor II

I am attempting to install the Business Analyst 2024 U.S. Data Update for use with ArcGIS Pro (3.3.1) and keep getting these same 2 errors in 7-Zip.  

7-Zip errors7-Zip errors

All the 7z files (.001 through .006) appear to have downloaded correctly and their checksum values match. I am using version 24.06 of 7-Zip, have just over a 1TB of free space on my drive, and all the downloaded files are next to each other in the same folder.  

BA_Data_Update_Download_Folder.png

Anyone else run in to this, or have any troubleshooting suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MaxSattarov
Esri Contributor

@Cathi_Balch The only theory we have at this point is that something might be wrong with the hardware on the computer you are using. Could you please try leaving the previously downloaded files and previously unpacked folder in place, downloading another copy to another folder (which will go to the previously unused surface of the drive), unpacking, and see if the error happens again? Another option is to use a different machine to download and unpack. This is the largest file in the whole package, and unpacking might be using a bad RAM segment that doesn't affect anything else. 

View solution in original post

Cathi_Balch
New Contributor II

@MaxSattarov Bad RAM may have been the culprit. Downloading a new copy and extracting to a new folder did the trick! 

Thanks for the quick response and solution. 😁

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

someone else ran into issues, but you seem to have covered the suggestions

Installing 2023 demographic data - 7zip errors - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MaxSattarov
Esri Contributor

@Cathi_Balch I just downloaded the 7z files from My Esri and I was able to unpack the whole package without any errors, using the exact same version of 7z. It looks like you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps. We'll continue looking into it, but in the meantime, please note that there is only one problematic file on your screenshot, Navigation.vtpk. This file is the local basemap. If you don't use the local basemap, you might want to proceed without it; I believe the rest of the package unpacked fine.

0 Kudos
Cathi_Balch
New Contributor II

Thanks @MaxSattarov. That's helpful info! I'll give the installation a shot.

0 Kudos
MaxSattarov
Esri Contributor

@Cathi_Balch Also, if you use ArcGIS Pro 3.0 or later, you don't have to install the dataset. You can just unpack it and connect to it in ArcGIS Pro Settings/Business Analyst tab: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/business-analyst/installing-business-analyst-... (section "Connect to the dataset in ArcGIS Pro")

0 Kudos
MaxSattarov
Esri Contributor

@Cathi_Balch The only theory we have at this point is that something might be wrong with the hardware on the computer you are using. Could you please try leaving the previously downloaded files and previously unpacked folder in place, downloading another copy to another folder (which will go to the previously unused surface of the drive), unpacking, and see if the error happens again? Another option is to use a different machine to download and unpack. This is the largest file in the whole package, and unpacking might be using a bad RAM segment that doesn't affect anything else. 

Cathi_Balch
New Contributor II

@MaxSattarov Bad RAM may have been the culprit. Downloading a new copy and extracting to a new folder did the trick! 

Thanks for the quick response and solution. 😁