Select to view content in your preferred language

Aviation Charting Resources for Getting Started

4 hours ago
JohnEvans6
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I have to admit I'm at a loss in trying to use this toolset. The output is incredible. There are some videos in the community from 2015 using ArcMap about importing AIXM data and there's a 3-part YouTube video (Aviation Charting in ArcGIS Pro - YouTube) that demonstrates what the tool does. The data is pre-prepared and annotations already seem to be created for the demo though, which makes this whole thing look more like magic.

Are there videos or tutorials anywhere that demonstrate using this tool from start to finish? Or at least videos or walkthroughs that show AIXM data being imported and then stylized? Is going through the data dictionary the only way I know which pre-defined table the data goes into?

I have been here (Get started with ArcGIS Aviation Charting—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation). I can complete setting up the aviation gdb, get the template, and then draw an AOI. From here I don't know what else to do. I have attempted to use the  APT_AIXM file from FAA NASR Data  to load just airports and apply the charting style, which based on the data dictionary (AIS schema data dictionary—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation) should load into the ADHP table? The table is empty on import.

Thanks for reading through and any assistance.
0 Kudos
0 Replies