Visibility Range of Web Map is Now Ignored in App

06-01-2016 05:16 PM
NathanDaniels
New Contributor III

I had a Web Map that had a custom visibility range set. The map would first present with a topographic map, and then when the user zoomed in, this map would change to satellite. I changed the default extent of the Web Map, and now when I zoom all the way out in the native app (iOS) the topographic map no longer displays like it used to. It was based on the original Map Viewer Template of App Studio. All I did to the Web Map was changed the default extent, so I am unsure why this would affect the scale dependent visibility ranges. Are you able to suggest why this may be occurring, and how it might be solved?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Can you share your webmap for us to test? We are adding a bunch of fixes to Webmap and also to the Map Viewer template for the next AppStudio release 1.2 (around June 20) so wanted to make sure we can test it and possibly fix it if its a bug.

CC Nakul Manocha

0 Kudos
NathanDaniels
New Contributor III

I played around with the settings of the webmap and have now got the visibility range to work properly, so it may not be a bug after all. However, I do think that there might be issue when I save a webmap that is fully zoomed in. If I zoom in as far as I can go with the satellite basemap all is fine in a desktop browser. When I then go to load that map using the Map Viewer template in iOS it sometimes says something to the effect of: "Map data not yet available." A work around to this was to zoom out the webmap in the browser, save it, and then reload it in the iOS app. In MapViewPage.qml there is a:

property real zoomScale: 10000

I am not sure how this property affects the zoom extent of the map in iOS or Android, or if it should ever be changed? I think that 10000 was the default value of the template.

0 Kudos