Using non-public layers in app

05-12-2016 03:37 PM
TestAppStudio
New Contributor

Hi all,

i want to use non-public layers from arcGIS Online in my app

can anyone give me an overview how to use "Portal Authentication" "User Credentials"...

i don't know how to begin

This works well on public layers

GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable{ 
            id: featureServiceTable
            url: "http://services.arcgis.com/..."
        }
        FeatureLayer{
            id:featureLayer
            featureTable: featureServiceTable
        }

best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Here is the code snippet to access secured feature service layers. I hope this helps.

Access Secured ArcGIS Layers in your App using Runtime · Esri/arcgis-appstudio-samples Wiki · GitHub

0 Kudos
TestAppStudio
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your response!

Thats what i was looking for.

0 Kudos
VanessaGlynn-Linaris__GISP
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same problem but I am not a developer and don't know what to do with the code sample. Can you advise on a reference to explain the basics? Or point me in right direction - am I putting this in somewhere in QT Creator (I do have App Studio Desktop Advanced). Thanks very much for any insights!

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

You can go ahead and create a new application using our samples "User credentials". This should help you to get started on how to provide user credentials to access a secured feature layer. After that you can either choose to continue building on this sample or create a new app from the "Hello World" starter map template and port the code from this sample. The code snippet is the same as mentioned in the above links. I hope this helps.

-Nakul

0 Kudos