Updating the Map Viewer Template in Qt Creator

06-26-2018 09:05 PM
ErinnHasselgren
New Contributor

I'm new to AppStudio and I really would like to work from one of their provided templates. I created a very basic app using the Map Viewer templates, but I do need to change a few things within the app using QML. When I go into the Qt Creator to edit the code, the only thing that is displayed in the console is:

import "MapViewer"

MapViewerApp {

}

Is there a way to edit the provided templates?

Thanks for your help!

#mapviewer template#appstudio qml#qtcreator

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Erinn,

Yes there is! More involved apps like the templates are made of multiple .qml files, all of which are in other folders. For Map Viewer, you want to open the 'MapViewer' folder in the file explorer to the left; the .qml files are found in the 'controls' and 'views' folders.

Without knowing what changes you want to make, I can't point you to exactly what file or code you're going to want to delve into, but hopefully this helps!

ErinnHasselgren
New Contributor

Hi Claire!

Thank you! That was super helpful and I was able to make a bunch of changes. Another question--do you happen to know how to edit the pop-ups for features withinin the map in AppStudio? Right now, the pop ups are pulling in the entire row in the attribute table. I have customized pop-ups (using html) in the web app that this app is based on, but the format unfortunately don't seem to translate to the native app. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

-Erinn

0 Kudos
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Erinn,

This is a bit of a tough one for me, because I'm not tremendously familiar with Map Viewer, so you might want to look around further since I'm basically just making an educated guess. But from what I can gather, you might be able to alter the output of attributes by digging into the IdentifyFeaturesView object in the PanelPage.qml file.

0 Kudos
ErinnHasselgren
New Contributor

Hi Claire,

Thanks again for your reply! Do you know if there are any resources available or anyone who could answer specific questions regarding pop-up features in AppStudio? I've hit a bit of a wall on the project I'm working on and I'm not sure where to turn. I haven't come across a lot of specific documentation.

Thanks!

-Erinn

0 Kudos
RyanGay2
New Contributor III

I am new to AppStudio and have the same question. I am new to the coding world so I am not quite sure where to begin. There are a few tools I would like to incorporate into the MapViewer template but do not know where to begin. Tools such as "Display KML" and others of the like. There is example code out there, but I am lost on where to even begin with the incorporation. Thanks. 

0 Kudos