Updating an old AppStudio application, missing ArcGIS.AppFramework.Controls

06-02-2021 08:43 AM
wjenkins
New Contributor II

I am working on updating an old AppStudio project that is referencing 'ArcGIS.AppFramework.Controls 1.0' that is importing a 'FooterBar'. Looking in the qml environment it seems that this is not in the folder structure of the environment and referencing the AppFramework docs it seems that this is not a part of the current environment.

At the end of the article about AppFramework page there is a reference to importing Controls and how it has been changed, but the blog post that it references doesn't reference this.

The project was created around July 2015 and I am looking to update this. Where did the Controls imports move to?

wjenkins_0-1622648200120.png

Tags (2)
1 Reply
PaulHaakma_Eagle
Esri Contributor

The ArcGIS.AppFramework.Controls module was deprecated back around 2019, to be honest I'm struggling to remember what it did! One of the AppStudio team might remind us....

However, if you have an app that was created back around 2015 then you're probably going to run into many other issues too.  Apart from changes to the AppFramework, there were major code changes required when the old 10.2.x runtime was discarded and the new 100.x runtime introduced. I'd be surprised if you didn't end up starting from scratch, that's what I ended up doing with all my old AppStudio projects from that era.

0 Kudos