Unable to Sign In in AppStudio

Jump to solution
10-12-2022 11:55 AM
JamesGough
Occasional Contributor

Starting today, I am unable to Sign In in AppStudio with my ArcGIS Online account. I tried uninstalling and re-installing AppStudio but that made no difference. Before today I had no issue signing in.

The sign-in prompt comes up, I enter my credentials and click "Sign In", and the prompt disappears but then nothing happens; the busy indicator in AppStudio just keeps spinning. I even intercepted the web traffic and it is able to successfully make the request to ArcGIS Online and the authentication tokens are returned.

App Studio 5.4.142 on Windows 10 (OS Build 19044.1889)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience. We now have a support page that includes instructions and downloadable files to fix this login issue. 

Best, 

Trevor

@conde @GregStevenson @GISiste

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DougIrvine
New Contributor

I also cannot sign in.  Just a busy indicator.  Version 5.4.96

0 Kudos
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hello @JamesGough and @DougIrvine ,

Thank you both for reporting this. We have tried to reproduce this using various login credentials, but are unable to reproduce this. Are you still unable to sign in? 

If so, to confirm, are you using ArcGIS login, ArcGIS organization's URL, or third party authenticator such as GitHub, Facebook, Google, or Apple? 

Also, what user types are your accounts? 

Best, 

Trevor Frame

0 Kudos
JamesGough
Occasional Contributor

Hey @TrevorFrame ,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Still unable to login. I am using ArcGIS login with ArcGIS organization URL. My account type is Creator and Role Administrator, I have AppStudio Developer Edition license on my account as well.

I actually opened a case with ESRI Support on this issue and have just sent them a HAR file where I captured all of the requests while logging into ArcGIS Studio. I will send you a direct message with the case number.

0 Kudos
GregStevenson
New Contributor III

We are getting the same issue using ArcGIS Online login and through ArcGIS organization URL in AppStudio. Account type is Creator and Role Administrator,+ AppStudio Developer Edition license.

App Studio 5.4.142 on Windows 10

0 Kudos
GISiste
Occasional Contributor
Hello all,
We are experimenting the same issue. Cannot login to AppStudio
A few weeks ago, we were able to login to AppStudio using an ArcGIS Online login. Type of the account is Creator and Role Administrator.
Environment:
AppStudio 5.1.80
AppStudio Developer Edition license.
Windows 10

Thanks for help
0 Kudos
conde
by
New Contributor III

Hello @TrevorFrame 

We are having the same issue since mid-october.

Any update on this?

0 Kudos
GregStevenson
New Contributor III

The AppStudio team have a manual workaround that you can apply to resolve this. If you are able to contact them they should be able to help.

0 Kudos
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience. We now have a support page that includes instructions and downloadable files to fix this login issue. 

Best, 

Trevor

@conde @GregStevenson @GISiste

YukiOZAWA2
Esri Contributor

For macOS, the same problem occurs when uploading the created app to ArcGIS Online even after installing the patch.
I think also need to replace the libAppBuilderPlugin.dylib which is in the AppUpload folder of AppStudio.
Is that correct?

Best,
Yuki