UIFileSharingEnabled for iOS - how to enable this using App Studio?

Jump to solution
07-07-2015 01:42 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all.

I'm using App Studio and am wanting to enable the ability to sideload files onto an iOS device via iTunes.

I found the following link:

https://wiki.qt.io/Support_for_iOS

which indicates needing to add the following to the Info.plist that qmake creates:

<key>UIFileSharingEnabled</key>

<string>YES</string>

Anyone have any idea how I go about doing this?

cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Enable this option in capabilities when you build the app (.ipa) 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Enable this option in capabilities when you build the app (.ipa) 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Sathya

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach
New Contributor II

Does this also work if you want to set the UIFileSharingEnabled to False? Just by making the little bar set to not available to the left? Please let me know. @Sathya Prasad

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Yep, the toggle is used to switch File Sharing between true and false.

0 Kudos
AsparuhKamburov
New Contributor

Hello, Hannah.

I am using the AppStudio Basic License and the cloud build mode to create a MapTour App. All is well, and the app is approved on the Google Play Store. The problem is, that the iTunes Connect platform, where I try to upload the .ipa build, rejects it, stating "please set the UIFileSharingEnabled key in the Info.plist to false". I am not able to do this in Basic License mode. Does this mean that the cloud AppStudio builder sets by default this key to "TRUE". How can this be changed to "FALSE"? Does this mean, that every cloud build of MapTour app cannot be uploaded to iTunes Connect platform because of this setting?

Thank you very much for your response.

0 Kudos
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Thank you for noticing this, we have resolved this issue internally and this fix is now available for the map tour template. Save the app again on the website for the changes to take effect.

AsparuhKamburov
New Contributor

Hello, Sathya.

Thank you for your efforts to resolve this. However, I rebuilt the App using the cloud-based App Builder (AppStudio for ArcGIS BASIC license), and  when submitted the app to the Apple Store for review, the same rejection answer appears:

"Jul 3, 2017 at 7:01 PM
From Apple
  • 4. 2 Design: Minimum Functionality

Guideline 4.2.1 - Design - Minimum Functionality

Your app has the UIFileSharingEnabled key set to true in the Info.plist, but the Documents folder includes files and folders not intended for file sharing.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please move all files that are not intended for user access via the file sharing feature to another part of your app's sandbox. When file sharing is enabled, the entire Documents folder is used for file sharing.

Next Steps

If your app does not require the file sharing feature, please set the UIFileSharingEnabled key in the Info.plist to false."
The SAME app has absolutely no problem to be uploaded and tested in Android! Can you set the EXTERNAL STORAGE to be OFF by default in the cloub builder for the MapTour Template, as apparently this is a problem for the app to be uploaded to Apple Store?
Regards,
Asparuh
0 Kudos
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos