UI is localized, but templates description is still english

07-28-2015 06:17 PM
GerhardTrichtl
Esri Contributor

After installing AppStudio Beta3 on Windows 8.1 german OS, the Application itselfs open in german, but the MapTemplate description is still english as seen in the above screenshot

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

This text is read directly from the ArcGIS Online item. There is currently no way to store multiply language description in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
GerhardTrichtl
Esri Contributor

As you know, within Portal lthere are the items with several languages so it is possibile to make that as well localizied - so it Looks not like a complete software

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Actually no i don't know what your are referring too (in portal) - but please can you help us all by posting a link to how item descriptions are localized? And by Portal are you referring to both ArcGIS Online and on premise Portals? (AppStudio would need to handle both cases)

Of course if there is a way to reference multiple language content for a single item, we want to support that in AppStudio.

Also the early adopter page link you posted doesn't seem to work - if there's something useful on that page either please describe how to navigate to it, or better still copy the information here. That site is only available to people that are signed up and we will soon be winding down its use.

0 Kudos
GerhardTrichtl
Esri Contributor

Dear Marika,

2 questions, as I’m in the holistic lab in Redlands:

Where could I obtain a current daily build from the AppStudio with the mention fixes – Metro or Archiv or somewhere else?

You could also swing by tomorrow in the Holistic lab to see what I reference

With Portal the Portal for ARcGIS is meant – there you have for each language the same package, but all description with the language, but not only enlgish – it is deployed as esri_<ISO-Code> within the Portal for ARcGIS.

Gerhard Trichtl

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Gerad

Unfortunately i cant join you in the Holistic Lab this week, I (and the dev team) am in Melbourne Australia . Your question about daily builds will be best directed to whoever is managing the testing program - its not public GeoNet question.

Can you please post a link to an ArcGIS item that has the different languages as you describe? We can then test how we can make that work in AppStudio.

Thanks, Marika

0 Kudos
GerhardTrichtl
Esri Contributor

e.g. when you search in Portal for ArcGIS for User like esri(-/_)de or esri(-/_)fr you will see the localized item – Not sure in mind which character for the concatenation (as I’m in Seattle on the airport)

Gerhard Trichtl

0 Kudos