I'm not understanding what to do?

Jump to solution
07-31-2015 12:51 PM
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

I want to build the Android and iOS app of my newly created AppStudio mobile application. The box for the Android version works fine but the iOS wants some additional "stuff". What is this and where do I get it?

Any information is appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I haven't figure out the "where" yet, but the "what", per the tech session, is a license or some sort from Apple for the App Store.   Sounds like it is about $100 per year for an individual.....but no specific details where given in the session I attended (it was repeated two other times). One you have that, you stick the authorization into the box.....then Apple can take a couple weeks before it will show in the App Store...and Apple thing, not esri.

edit: fixed autocorrect typo

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I haven't figure out the "where" yet, but the "what", per the tech session, is a license or some sort from Apple for the App Store.   Sounds like it is about $100 per year for an individual.....but no specific details where given in the session I attended (it was repeated two other times). One you have that, you stick the authorization into the box.....then Apple can take a couple weeks before it will show in the App Store...and Apple thing, not esri.

edit: fixed autocorrect typo

VenusScott

I kinda remember that from the session too! As always Becky . . . eternal thanks! Great to finally meet you too!

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It was great to meet you too.   Your question got me wondering if there was more in the help files...but that is still in the "coming soon" for this section  ​ArcGIS for Developers     (If that doesn't t get you to the right page left me know, and it'lol try to get the URL to not autocorrect....still issues with that some days)  ....edit    defaults to dev home  so  http://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/create-apps/distributeyourapp.htm 

I started looking around, and How to Publish on the App Store (6 Steps) | eHow   seems to have sons straight forward into. And another  How to Submit Your App to Apple: From No Account to App Store, Part 1 - Ray Wenderlich    

What's funny is using my iPad, and Safari....searching for how to publish doesn't even bring ip any Apple sites until a few pages down, and then it's for publishing books.  Definitely something I will Ned to research too!  Apple - iTunes - Working with iTunes - Sell Your Content - Sell Your Books - Authors & Book Publishe...

this us looks more promising....   Apple - iTunes - Working with iTunes - Market with iTunes

HannahFerrier

In order for AppStudio for ArcGIS to create an .ipa file (iOS installer) for your project, it needs to be signed with an Apple Developer Certificate.

This is obtained by joining the Apple Developer Program - Apple Developer​.

You will need to be a member of this program to publish your apps to the Apple App Store.

For more information, please refer to: Sign your app—AppStudio for ArcGIS Desktop Edition (Beta) | ArcGIS

Hannah