Removing Image Name and Gallery/Layout Icons in Survey123

Jump to solution
11-06-2019 02:39 PM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

James TedrickTina JinErwin Soekianto

I am trying to figure out how to disable image name and gallery/layout icons for image questions in Survey123:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured it out, changed XFormImageControl - removed buttons...Now I am trying to disable repeated image capture...I want it to be read-only after it's taken once. Could anyone please suggest how to disable camera button after the picture was taken? Thank you!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disabled camera icon when the picture is taken once. 

The only last question I have - how do I remove the grey circle when camera icon is disabled? THANK YOU

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yulia,

I'm glad you were able to figure most of this out.  The 'gray circle' is the XFormButtonBar control.  Just to confirm, you are wanting to disable any ability to capture an image after the first capture, correct?  If that's the case, I would more or less apply the modification you did for the capture button itself to the ButtonBar.  I would suggest using the syntax in the file rename control:

imageUrl > ""

in this case, inverted:

!(imageUrl > "")

which catches imageUrl in its uninitialized state.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yulia,

I'm glad you were able to figure most of this out.  The 'gray circle' is the XFormButtonBar control.  Just to confirm, you are wanting to disable any ability to capture an image after the first capture, correct?  If that's the case, I would more or less apply the modification you did for the capture button itself to the ButtonBar.  I would suggest using the syntax in the file rename control:

imageUrl > ""

in this case, inverted:

!(imageUrl > "")

which catches imageUrl in its uninitialized state.

YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you!

0 Kudos