QuickReport Template Mobile Map Package

01-14-2021 10:59 PM
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hello

It is question palooza for me tonight, but I am almost ready to deploy my app for testing and want to ensure that everything is buttoned up.

I have created a mmpk file from ArcGIS Pro and now I am trying to figure out where it should be placed in the files folder and subsequently how do you reference the mmpk file using the QuickReport template settings?

Right now I have the mmpk file in the Assets folder of the app and have added the name of the mmpk to the Item ID for for Mobile Map Package field. Screen shot attached.

When I update and test the app on my mobile phone in airplane mode I get an error on the Refine Location page that says the map is not available for offline use. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks everyone. The end may finally be in sight.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@GarrettRSmith 

The MMPK should be uploaded to ArcGIS Online, then you need to provide the ID of that item in the Setting of QuickReport app. 

See this doc, https://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/configure-apps/templatequickreport.htm 

Erwin.

0 Kudos
GarrettRSmith

Hello Erwin

Thanks for the link.

I have linked the mmpk id in my setting page, per the link, using both the full address and just the simple identifier. However, when I switch my phone to airport mode when I am testing the app with both the full address and the id of the mmpk (different app updates) I still get a message that says that the map is not available offline. The mmpk on my ArcGIS Online account is set to public and I have reset all the settings in my app on my phone. If I go to the Refine Location Page while I am not in airport mode and switch to airport mode the map stays on the screen and I can scroll around on it. If I go forwards or backwards on the carousel on the header bar and come back to the Refine Location Page I loose the map if and I get the the same message that states that the map is not available offline. Do you have to side load offline maps like in Survey123?

I have included screen shots and the mmpk if my text does not make sense.

0 Kudos
GarrettRSmith

Hello

I am still having an issue with this, does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
GarrettRSmith

Hello

Does anyone have any solution to this? I am still having problems. At this point I am probably going to revert to Survey123. AppStudio does not seem to be ready for primetime data collection just yet.

0 Kudos