Qt Web View Module not Installed

10-12-2015 09:08 AM
deleted-user-AYsXjhkrwuAA
New Contributor III

Hi

I have installed AppStudio for ArcGIS on Windows from the beta 4 download (v 10.2.5.1079), and am trying to add a WebView to an app but am receiving the error message at build that;

module "QtWebKit" is not installed

import QtWebKit 3.0

I had been following the samples from Qt for the QML WebKit Web View.  I also tried with the Qt Web View 1.0 available from 5.5 but this doesn't seem available either.

The what's new indicates that the Web View is available but I'm not sure which we should be using. Can anyone provide some advise and an example that will work with AppStudio for ArcGIS please?

I tried both the windows x64 and x86 versions.

Thanks

Andrew

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
New Contributor III

I tried again with qt webview 1.0 which does run however I don't see a page in the app.

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

import QtQuick 2.3
import QtQuick.Controls 1.2
import QtQuick.Layouts 1.1
import QtWebView 1.0
import ArcGIS.AppFramework 1.0
import ArcGIS.AppFramework.Controls 1.0
import ArcGIS.AppFramework.Runtime 1.0
App {
    id: app
    width: 800
    height: 640
               ScrollView {
                width: 1280
                height: 720
                WebView {
                    id: webview
                    url: "http://qt-project.org"
                }
            }

}

Has any body successfully setup a web view with app studio?

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

I was able to test this out using the Qt Runtime and running it with QML.  I ran into issues with having the scroll view in there.  In order to get this to work in Qt Runtime, I had this:

import QtQuick 2.3

import ArcGIS.Runtime 10.26

import QtQuick.Layouts 1.1

import QtWebView 1.0

ApplicationWindow {

id: appWindow

width: 800

height: 600

title: "qtWebKit"

WebView {

url:  "http://www.esri.com/"

anchors.fill: parent

onLoadProgressChanged: {

console.log(loadProgress)

}

}

}
0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

Hi Andrew Kesterton​,

I tried using AppStudio as well and was able to get a successful webview set up using:

import QtQuick 2.3
import QtWebView 1.0
import ArcGIS.AppFramework 1.0
import ArcGIS.AppFramework.Controls 1.0

App {
    id: app
    width: 400
    height: 640

WebView {
        url:  "http://developers.arcgis.com/qt"
        anchors.fill: parent
        onLoadProgressChanged: {
            console.log(loadProgress)
        }
    }
}

Let me know if you have any issues.

New Contributor III

Thanks Alexander.. I think there is maybe something wrong with my install though I have tried uninstalling and re-installing a couple of times. I get these errors when I try to build with your example:

QtWebEngineProcess not found at location C:/Users/andrew/Applications/ArcGIS/AppStudio/bin/bin/QtWebEngineProcess.exe. Trying fallback path...

Installed Qt plugins directory not found at location C:/Users/andrew/Applications/ArcGIS/AppStudio/bin/plugins\qtwebengine. Trying application directory...

Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location C:/Users/andrew/Applications/ArcGIS/AppStudio/bin/translations\qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory...

Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location C:/Users/andrew/Applications/ArcGIS/AppStudio/bin\qtwebengine_locales. Trying fallback directory... Translations MAY NOT not be correct.

I'm using the 32-bit windows install. As a workaround I'm just opening the link externally which is working fine for now.

Thanks again,

Andrew

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

Hi Andrew,

It may be possible that my AppStudio install is reading from Qt install as well since QtWebView is packaged as an extra with the Qt installation.

I haven't tried running this on a pure AppStudio machine.

0 Kudos