Qt Gestures (Sensors) not working on iOS?

Jump to solution
04-18-2018 02:53 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm this or not?

I wanted to try the Gestures in QML out. I used just the basic code as per online examples, e.g:

Qt Sensors - SensorGesture QML Type example | Qt Sensors 5.10 

I was able to get it to work on Android, but not on my iPhone 6.

To check what was happening, I checked the availableGestures property of my SensorGesture object on the two devices. The android device reported a list of available gestures, but the iPhone reported none.

So I'm wondering if there is a reason for that, or is it some sort of bug that I should be reporting?

The very basic code would be something like this:

import QtQuick 2.7
import QtQuick.Controls 2.1
import QtQuick.Dialogs 1.2
import QtSensors 5.0

MessageDialog {
id: msgDialog
}

SensorGesture {
id: sensorGesture
gestures : ["QtSensors.shake", "QtSensors.whip", "QtSensors.twist", "QtSensors.cover",
"QtSensors.hover", "QtSensors.turnover", "QtSensors.pickup", "QtSensors.slam" , "QtSensors.doubletap"]

enabled: true

}

Button{
text: "Gestures available?"
onClicked: {
msgDialog.title = 'Gestures available'
msgDialog.text = String(sensorGesture.availableGestures)
msgDialog.open()
}
}

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,

I believe this is a Qt bug and needs to be reported to Qt Company. I can reproduce this bug using a simple Qt app which does not use any AppStudio components.

Thanks

Shobana

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,

I believe this is a Qt bug and needs to be reported to Qt Company. I can reproduce this bug using a simple Qt app which does not use any AppStudio components.

Thanks

Shobana

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for testing and confirming Shobana. I have gone ahead and lodged a bug report direct with Qt Company.

0 Kudos