module "Esri.ArcGISRuntime" is not installed

02-04-2019 06:45 AM
micheleburgalossi
New Contributor III

when running Qt Creator QML app in debug mode, i am getting the message "module "Esri.ArcGISRuntime" is not installed" and "module "ArcGIS.AppFramework" is not installed" even though i already installed the ArcGISRuntime SDK for Qt 100.4, and have indicated the path in the SDK post install. When i hover the mouse over the underlined sentences i get the message shown in the picture below. i tried adding the folders to the import path, however Qt still cant read them. 

i have Qt Creator installed with the latest version of AppStudio and in addition i have installed Qt 5.12.1

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
micheleburgalossi
New Contributor III

Hello Shobana,

Thank you for the help. I did not have the build folder, i searched the problem and it turns out i had to download "Desktop Development with C++" tool, which i did. I followed your steps in the command window and the compiler version 15 now appears in Qt, however, when running in debug mode i am still getting the error: 

plugin cannot be loaded for module "ArcGIS.AppFramework.Devices": Impossibile caricare la libreria C:\Qt\Qt5.11.2\5.11.2\msvc2017_64\qml\ArcGIS\AppFramework\Devices\AppFrameworkDevicesPlugin.dll: Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato.

although the file is found in this directory.. any suggestions?

Thank you!

Michele

0 Kudos
micheleburgalossi
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Michele,

What version of Windows are you using?

From the latest screen shot, it looks like the app that's failing is a custom Survey123 app. Are you able to run this app in AppStudio by double clicking?

If it works in AppStudio, I think the problem you're hitting is a bug with the Advanced Config tool. Can you let me know if the below workaround steps fixes the AppFramework Devices plugin error?

- Copy C:\Users\username\Applications\ArcGIS\AppStudio\bin\qml\ArcGIS\AppFramework\Devices to C:\Qt\Qt5.11.2\5.11.2\msvc2017_64\qml\ArcGIS\AppFramework. Overwrite the contents in the Devices folder that's already present in the Qt folder.

Thanks

Shobana

micheleburgalossi
New Contributor III

Hello Shobana,

I am using windows 7 professional. I am able to run the apps in AppStudio, and i followed your steps, i am not getting the AppFramework Devices error anymore but i'm getting a whole lot of other errors and warnings even for scripts that i haven't modified.

this is a sample of the warnings i am getting in the unmodified service area app. Any suggestions? Thanks alot for your help.

Michele

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Michele,

The errors in the latest screenshot shared should not stop the app from launching. Is the app opening from QtCreator now?

We’re aware of the layout related warning messages that appear in console when running Survey123. These warnings do not affect the functionality of the app. The latest Survey123 3.2 release based template available in AppStudio includes some fixes in this area. We’ll be progressively fixing these warnings in future Survey123 releases. it’s recommended to use the latest Survey123 template available in AppStudio.

The ssl errors can be resolved using steps described in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53565091/ssl-errors-in-qt-creator-qmlscene?noredirect=1&lq=1 . Advanced config tool has already been updated to copy these additional dlls to Qt folder. Fix will be available in AppStudio 3.3 release.

Thanks,

Shobana

micheleburgalossi
New Contributor III

Hello Shobana, 

yes the app is functional, and the ssl errors are resolved. Thank you very much! On another note, is there a template app for the collector app that i could work with like the case of survey123 or no?

thanks again!

Michele

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Michele, 

As far as I know, Collector for ArcGIS is not available as a template that you could work with and modify as your own app, like Survey123 for ArcGIS‌ source code is available via Enterprise template in AppStudio Desktop. 

Also, feel free to check other Templates or Enterprise Templates in AppStudio Desktop, by going to "New App", under "Templates" or "Enterprise", that we have available for download, then modify as your own or inspiration to copy for your app.  

Thank you, 

Erwin.