locationWhenInUseDescription not updating in App Store

04-28-2020 11:14 AM
AdamCurtis
New Contributor

I am trying to publish an application through App Studio for ArcGIS, and have been in trouble updating the location permissions string for the uploading process to Apple. They were unable to accept the default string that is used through App Studio as: "your app still requests the user’s consent to access their location but does not clarify the use of the location in the applicable purpose string".

I have tried to change the description key more than once within the appinfo.json file on Qt Creator, saving it, followed by updating/uploading the new build before making the new binary. I continue to get the same screenshot back from Apple with the default App Studio string after resubmitting twice. I was looking for advice on how to get this to update correctly. I have changed the icon in the past without a problem within the same appinfo.json file, but for some reason, this specific string won't update. I can't open the binary file within Xcode to check the Info.plist file to debug or through App Studio Player since it does not use the individual app's location description message, so I am looking for any debugging suggestions as well.

Here is how my current description key looks within appinfo.json:

Any help you can provide me would be helpful. Thanks. (Sorry this was just reuploaded, it was originally sent through the wrong account).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Adam, 

We see that you are using our Map Tour template, correct?

What you need to do is to update the description key in appinfo.json to be more specific on how the app is going to use the location service of the device, then it should be fine. 

Did you make sure to upload the app first before triggering Cloud Make build of the app? Because Cloud Make is not taking the local copy of your app, but the copy from the uploaded version of the app. 

In regards to checking the content of the info.plist of the IPA, An IPA is just a ZIP file, if you decompress it you can look into the .app's contents, and the info.plist can be opened in Xcode

I hope this is helpful,

Erwin

0 Kudos