Local build for iOS.

Jump to solution
12-05-2018 01:37 AM
GeoDevPathways_Data
New Contributor II

I am trying to make a local build for my app in AppStudio using Qt 5.11, XCode9.3 and Appstudio 3.1. All the tools are installed as required here Install development tools for local Make—AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

The error i receive is : Code Signing Error: Provision file "XXXXXXXX" has app ID "com.xxxxxx.xxxxx.ios", which doesn't  match the bundle ID"com.xxxxxx.xxxxx.AppStudioApp". I have put the correct bundle ID and certificate file, I am curious how app studio supplied Bundle id with .AppStudioApp. The agony is i have been able to make a local build using Qt 5.9 xcode 8.3 and appstudio 2.1 back in march. But after the updating now i am stuck here and couldn't move forward. 

Would appreciate if someone can help 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi,

The build error you've described above is caused due to Qt bug introduced in Qt5.11.1. [QTBUG-70072] PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER is ignored in creation of Xcode project - Qt Bug Tracker 

In Qt5.11.1, the app's binary name gets added as a suffix to the bundle id. Target binary name for all AppStudio apps is AppStudioApp.

This bug has been resolved in Qt5.11.2. AppStudio 3.2 which is planned to be released soon will be based based on Qt5.11.2

Below workaround can be used for now to get the builds working with Qt5.11.1.

- Open the file ~/Qt5.11.1/5.11.1/ios/mkspecs/features/mac/default_post.prf in a text editor.

- Comment out below line which adds the target binary name as a suffix to bundle id i.e., Add # at the start of the line

# xcode_product_bundle_identifier_setting.value = "$${xcode_product_bundle_identifier_setting.value}.${PRODUCT_NAME:rfc1034identifier}"

- Save the changes and rebuild your app

Hope this helps

Thanks

Shobana

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi,

The build error you've described above is caused due to Qt bug introduced in Qt5.11.1. [QTBUG-70072] PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER is ignored in creation of Xcode project - Qt Bug Tracker 

In Qt5.11.1, the app's binary name gets added as a suffix to the bundle id. Target binary name for all AppStudio apps is AppStudioApp.

This bug has been resolved in Qt5.11.2. AppStudio 3.2 which is planned to be released soon will be based based on Qt5.11.2

Below workaround can be used for now to get the builds working with Qt5.11.1.

- Open the file ~/Qt5.11.1/5.11.1/ios/mkspecs/features/mac/default_post.prf in a text editor.

- Comment out below line which adds the target binary name as a suffix to bundle id i.e., Add # at the start of the line

# xcode_product_bundle_identifier_setting.value = "$${xcode_product_bundle_identifier_setting.value}.${PRODUCT_NAME:rfc1034identifier}"

- Save the changes and rebuild your app

Hope this helps

Thanks

Shobana