Licensing and Publishing

09-20-2021 10:35 AM
JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Hey all,

I have created a mobile app using the MapTour template and am ready to publish to Google Play and Apple App Store. Since I don't have a license, I am unable to use Cloud Make to create the installation files. We are an Enterprise organization and currently only have one Developer license. I'm a bit confused on what I should and/or am able to do next. 

My questions are as follows:

1. Is there a difference between a Developer license and an AppStudio Developer Edition license?
  2. Am I able to collaborate with the person who is the current holder of the developer license to allow us to publish the app?

We are unsure of where to go from here. Any help would be sincerely appreciated! Thank you!

1 Reply
GISJot
by
New Contributor

Have you resolved your problems? The post is a little old and there have been no replies but I might be able to help you. Also, I will be creating a video on these topics and more soon.

1. Is there a difference between a Developer license and an AppStudio Developer Edition license?
    A: Yes and no. An App Studio Developer Edition License is just for AppStudio. Since you have an enterprise account and have a Developer License, your Enterprise Developer License should covers quit a bit including the AppStudio Developer Edition License. At least our Enterprise Developer License covers everything but your Esri Account Manager or Customer Service Rep can tell you for sure. Generally it does.

2. Am I able to collaborate with the person who is the current holder of the developer license to allow us to publish the app?
    • We created a collaboration group, but it doesn't seem to be working the way the documentation describes (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/extend-apps/collaborateapp.htm).
      A: Yes, you can collaborate. I would recommend using Git but Esri offers simple collaboration. Remember the main administrator for the Organization can create a group and allow collaboration in that group. Users/members would need to be added to the group. Also, you and the developer would need to be members of the Organization. 
    • The other user is able to see the app I created in AppStudio, but they are unable to use Cloud Make for installation files. 
      A: In order to use Cloud Make, you have to activate your Developer License. Each developer license is good for one person. Once the Developer License has been activated, and you have assigned a user as a developer, that user can use Cloud Make. When developing and collaborating, there is no need for two people really to compile / make the code. Just have the developer compile the code once the app is ready. You and others in the organization collaboration group can edit and run the code by clicking build and run in the QT editor or by selecting the app in AppStudio and clicking on run.

I hope this helps and I will have some videos up soon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Take care.  
0 Kudos