Imageservice in Map Viewer

07-19-2018 06:38 AM
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

I don't know if this is possible. I can't seem to find any documentation explicitly saying it one way or another but is it possible to use an Imageservice in the AppStudio Map Viewer? When I attempt to use one it doesn't render in the app and doesn't display the Legend.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mattew, 

Thank you for reporting the issue to our community.  I have tested this Web Map (http://melbournedev.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=dd51d75d4d3a4df18e3c2f6785527097) with an image service in it, it renders fine, however, I was not able to see the legend as well.  We will log this issue and fix it ASAP.  

Can we have your image service to test?

Thanks,

Tina

0 Kudos
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

Thanks - here is the service i am attempting to use. It is not a mosaic dataset on the back end. It's a standalone FGDB raster (with an attribute table).

Our server hosts it so if any changes are required we may be able to do it;

imageservices/plant_hardiness_zones_of_canada_2010 (ImageServer)  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mattew,

This is what I see in Map Viewer, we are currently working with Runtime team to confirm if this is a Runtime bug or not.  I will keep you updated on this issue.  

Thanks,

Tina 

0 Kudos
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

Yes, that is what I am seeing as well. I should also tell you that another imageservice we have seems to render as expected. 

imageservices/annual_crop_inventory_2017 (ImageServer)  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matthew,

When did you publish this imageservice?  imageservices/plant_hardiness_zones_of_canada_2010 (ImageServer) 

Do you mind trying to re-publish this imageservice again to see if it will solve the problem?

Thanks,

Tina 

0 Kudos
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

This service was published about 2 weeks ago. I don't have access to our production servers but I might be able to try with our development server.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matthew,

You don't have to re-publish the imageservice if it is only published 2 weeks ago.  I am able to reproduce this issue in the Explorer app as well. We will log this Runtime issue. 

Thanks,

Tina 

0 Kudos
MatthewMcBurney3
New Contributor II

Thank you. As part of your investigation, you can include that the other service I referenced (that did work) was also published in the same release (2 weeks ago).

Both are derived from stand alone raster FGDB data with attribute tables.

0 Kudos
MatthewMcBurney1
New Contributor

Hello, 

Any update on this issue? I just attempted it again with the updated appstudio and have the same issue. 

0 Kudos