Select to view content in your preferred language

How to clear cache and cookies of webView.

01-11-2021 10:52 PM
x_d
by
Regular Contributor

So, i have implemented facebook login in my appstudio app. But when i click on the login with facebook button it doesn't ask me for my email and password, It directly shows me this warning.. 

1- How to remove this warning

2- How i can clear the cookies and cache, so that it will ask me for id and password rather than using the previously logged in credentials( once i used the emai and password for facebook login, since then it didn't ask me for the credentials)

3- How to give email permission , it shows your email doesn't have the permission and then closes the webview window

Spoiler
SECURITY WARNING: Please treat the URL above as you would your password and do not share it with anyone. See the Facebook Help Center for more information.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
StephenQuan4
Emerging Contributor

Cookies could / shouldn't be set / cleared by the native app client. That's not in the spirit of how cookies are supposed to work. The proper thinking is this, you, rightly so, went to an login screen and, as a result of your login, the server sends to your app a Cookie. Your app will persist that Cookie and will automatically send that Cookie whenever you interact with that server. This is until endpoint on that same server chooses to clear the Cookie. Reiterating, the only way to clear the Cookie is going to an endpoint on that server that will clear the Cookie. That is the only way.

So, the key is you need to understand your server's endpoints.

In the case of ArcGIS Online, the login endpoint is, typically, https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/oauth2/signin. If you use your social media credentials, then, these are given to you as part of your relationship with www.arcgis.com and you will be forever signed in. The correct way to sign out is to use your WebView and use a sign out endpoint, e.g. https://www.arcgis.com/home/pages/Account/manage_accounts.html#client_id=arcgisonline&signout=true

x_d
by
Regular Contributor

How can i resolve this warning from google? please reply

SECURITY WARNING: Please treat the URL above as you would your password and do not share it with anyone. See the Facebook Help Center for more information.

0 Kudos