Generate status doesn't always result in an error even when it has errored

07-17-2016 08:14 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This question possibly has wider considerations, but in my particular case it relates to generating and syncing geodatabases.

When I generate or synchronize a geodatabase with a feature service, occasionally something might go wrong and the request will fail. But an error code is not always raised.

For example, I called geodatabaseSyncTask.generateGeodatabase, and I could see the 'GenerateStatus' change to 1 (which means InProgress), but then it never changed from that. When I checked Fiddler logs, I saw a 400 response saying "description=Failed to parse geometry from input JSON". The Fiddler log error makes sense and I have no issue with that, but I would have expected the sync task generate status to change to 3 (error).

But I do notice that the usual continuous polling for an update on the status of the job stops, so the sync task must somehow be aware that the job has an error??

So , my question is twofold - is this a bug, in that it should be returning this as an error? And, is there any other way to catch these reponses?

A similar thing happens when synchronizing, only certain errors actually create an error, meaning that from the application perspective there is no way to tell if the sync process is still under way.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Paul,

We need to test this scenario. Could you please log a ticket with the Technical support?

Thank you.

Nakul

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

I have logged a call

Esri Case Number 01805501 -

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Paul,

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. I tried the invalid extent approach to throw an error to simulate the workflow. But it does get reflected in the generatestatus code. I mean changes from 1 to 3. Where 3 implies error.Generategeodatabase.JPG

-Nakul

0 Kudos