Facebook integration with AppStudio App

Jump to solution
11-02-2018 06:03 AM
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Hi,

Would it be possible to integrate Facebook into the AppStudio templates(Mapviewer)? What i would want to achieve is to customize the template so that the user can login with Facebook, and make it possible for the user to share his position on Facebook. Could someone point me in a direction on how i could achieve this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Kamran, 

Facebook login (doc) supports OAuth workflow so you should be able to follow the same implementation for ArcGIS Online (also OAuth) login that we have in our templates (including MapViewer) and our sample OAuth + Biometric Authentication. 

You would need to get the required parameters from your Facebook developers account, for example, client_id, reponse type, valid OAuth redirect URI, etc. 

As for sharing the Facebook's location to MapViewer, it should be doable, as long as you know how to get that location using Facebook API, and it returns some sorts of location data (lat/long, x/y, address, etc), we should be able to take it (convert it if necessary), then display it in MapViewer and do further GIS related operations. 

I hope this helps,

Erwin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Kamran, 

Facebook login (doc) supports OAuth workflow so you should be able to follow the same implementation for ArcGIS Online (also OAuth) login that we have in our templates (including MapViewer) and our sample OAuth + Biometric Authentication. 

You would need to get the required parameters from your Facebook developers account, for example, client_id, reponse type, valid OAuth redirect URI, etc. 

As for sharing the Facebook's location to MapViewer, it should be doable, as long as you know how to get that location using Facebook API, and it returns some sorts of location data (lat/long, x/y, address, etc), we should be able to take it (convert it if necessary), then display it in MapViewer and do further GIS related operations. 

I hope this helps,

Erwin

KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Hi Erwin,

I will dive into this, and see where it takes me:)

Thank You

/Kamran

0 Kudos