EnableLabels on feature layer crashes iOS 9.3

07-10-2016 07:15 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

Am wondering if anyone else can replicate this crash? From what I can see, it seems to have appeared since the AppStudio upgrade to 1.2. The code below works on a desktop PC, and used to work on iPads (running up to 9.3 that I'm aware of), but new builds from AppStudio 1.2 crash.

The problem appears to the 'enableLabels' line in the featurelayer which, if set to true, crashes the app when running on iOS 9.3.2 (tested on iPad and iPhone 6).

If you can replicate, please let me know, and if you can think of a workaround - this could be a major problem if labeling if suddenly not usable on iOS devices!

import QtQuick 2.3

import ArcGIS.AppFramework 1.0

import ArcGIS.AppFramework.Runtime 1.0

App {

id: app

width: 800

height: 532

GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable {

id: featureServiceTable

url: "http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/BloomfieldHillsMichigan/LandusePlanning/F..."

}

Map {

id: map

anchors.fill: parent

focus: true

ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer {  url: "http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer"  }

FeatureLayer {

enableLabels: true;

featureTable: featureServiceTable

}   

}

}

0 Kudos
14 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Paul,

I tested the following code on iPad with iOS 9.3.2 and I was not able to reproduce the issue.

import QtQuick.Controls 1.2

import QtQuick 2.3

import ArcGIS.AppFramework 1.0

import ArcGIS.AppFramework.Runtime 1.0

App {

id: app

width: 800

height: 532

GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable {

id: featureServiceTable

url: "http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Wildfire/MapServer/0"

}

Map {

id: map

anchors.fill: parent

focus: true

ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer {  url: "http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer"  }

FeatureLayer {

enableLabels: true;

featureTable: featureServiceTable

}

}

}

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nakul

Thanks for the reply. Could you please test again using the same feature service I did? e.g. you used a map service, whereas I used a featureservice with labels. I posted that code because it is a small snippet that is easy to test, however, the real issue for me was that the crash also occurs when the featuretable is pointing to an offline runtime geodatabase.

Let me know how you get on with the feature service for starters...

Thanks

-Paul

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

In your featureservice I couldn't find any features. But I tested with this feature service and it worked fine. Can you please test with this one? This one is also feature Service layer.

Layer: Wildfire Response Points (ID: 0)

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nakul

Tested using that feature service and it crashed. Can send you app logs if you like. email me paul@gpsit.co.nz

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,

Does the crash occur on both 32bit and 64bit iOS devices? It is possible that the crash occurs only on 64bit iOS devices. And, Nakul might be using a 32bit iPad.

Blake's iOS Device Specification Grid

Regards

Shobana

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Shobana - I hadn't thought of that. I'm testing on an iPad Air 2 (model MGHY2X/A) and iPhone 6 which are both 64bit from what I've looked up. I'll ask around the office if we have any 32bit iOS devices I can test.

Nakul - can you clarify what iPad/device you are testing on?

Keen to hear from anyone else out there who can test too.

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Shobana you were right. I confirmed that I am using 32 bit Soc 4th gen iPad. I need to find one and test with a 64 bit iOS device and I'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,

AppStudio 1.2 uses Qt5.6.0 on the Cloud Make Build servers. Qt5.5.1 was used in AppStudio 1.1.

The crash that you are seeing(with Qt5.6.0) sounds similar to an iOS crash issue that was fixed in the Runtime API and included in AppStudio 1.2.

ArcGIS Runtime team is now aware of this issue. Would you please open a Tech Support incident for this so that it can tracked.

Regards

Shobana

cc: Nakul Manocha

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Shobana

I have sent a support request through to our NZ Esri distributor and asked them to prioritize it (we have critical app updates pending to deploy that we can't until this is resolved.)

If there's anything further I can do to help please let me know, else I'll wait to hear...

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos