Domain Fields in Add Details Page of Quick Report

Jump to solution
12-22-2020 10:27 AM
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I currently have domain fields in my quick report app (ver 4.4) that are displaying the first coded field within the domain instead of remaining blank so the user does not skip over this field (see attached photo). How can I change this so that these fields are initially blank once the add details page is loaded? I have also attached screenshots of how my domains were created inside of ArcGIS Pro.

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@DustinBaumbach1 

I think this is a great suggestion and enhancement for our Quick Report template, if you can submit this via Esri Technical Support, it would be helpful for us. 

In the meantime, would it work or is it possible to have an empty coded value domain in ArcGIS Pro? Or one value that would say "Please select country"?

Thank you,

Erwin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@DustinBaumbach1 

I think this is a great suggestion and enhancement for our Quick Report template, if you can submit this via Esri Technical Support, it would be helpful for us. 

In the meantime, would it work or is it possible to have an empty coded value domain in ArcGIS Pro? Or one value that would say "Please select country"?

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ErwinSoekianto

thanks so much for your reply. I tried creating a blank domain, but arcgis pro gave me an error when I tried to save it, stating it could not save a blank domain. What am I doing wrong here? Please provide some instruction on how to accomplish this.

thank you,

Dustin

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@DustinBaumbach1 

A developer in our team got back to us and recommended, to add a "None" value to the list, so that it is first in the list, you have to modify the following functions: getAttributeDomainValues on AttributesPage.qml line 181 and getSubTypeAttributeDomainValues on AttributesPage.qml line 212,

codedCodeArray.push(9999);

codedNameArray.push("None");

Code 9999 is the coded value for "None".

Thank you,

Erwin.

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ErwinSoekianto,

Thanks for the explanation. I just wanted to clarify that both the code and the description values need to be set to None. Is this correct? Or can the code be set to anything as long as the description is set to None? Please clarify so I can test appropriately.

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Kudos